An Investment in People
- Isn’t it about time that we choose to make a bigger investment in people?
- When I think of Workforce Development, I think about people. “We are in the people business first, then we make stuff” (Jim).
1155 x 769 – dentalelite.co.uk
Before we talk about the industry, how about we talk about the diverse group of people that make precision machining great. Better yet, lets share how people benefit from what this industry offers. There is unlimited potential within the precision machining industry for people who desire a career, but let’s take a look at the types of individuals who have been successful.
A few of the characteristics are:
- People who like to work with their hands
- People who like to problem solve
- People who take pride in the quality of their work.
- As one shop owner told me what he looks for first is “Integrity, honesty, intelligence, energy and generosity” (Kevin).
Wouldn’t you want to work in an industry where leaders place these core values as important? Isn’t it time we take a look at who places value in their people?
Post by Sterling Gill, III