Job Fair today in Akron Ohio
Here is a sampling of the manufacturing type jobs that were posted by 17 of the 80 companies at the fair.
Note that only one engineering job specified a college degree required- we suspect other engineering jobs would as well.
Look at all the skilled openings that manufacturing companies are desperate to fill! (Some of these companies were from 50 miles or greater away from Akron, but came seeking talent.)
Each bulleted entry below is for a separate company:
- CNC Machinists, Maintenance Technicians, Engineers
- Welders, Press Brake Operators, Metal Finishers
- Mechanical Technician/3D Field Measurements/Metrology, Mechanical Technician/3D CAD Modeling Technician, Civil Technician
- Machine Operator, Maintenance Tech,
- Rubber Extrusion Operators, Lab/Technician, Tool & Die make/blue prints/CAD/EDM, Purchasing Agent for rubber compound/scheduling/quality control
- Production Operator(s) for Plastic Manufacturing Site
- Diesel Mechanic,
- CNC Programmer (Machinists), CNC Programmer, Molder
- Shift Supervisors, Maintenance Technicians, Industrial Electrician, Machine Fabricator, Blow Molding Operators
- Sanitation Team Leader, Maintenance Team Leader, Production Set-Up (Food Safety Technician), Maintenance Technician, Production Team Leader
- Engineers (Bachelor degree required), Welders, Quality Engineer
- Molders, Machinists, QA Inspectors, QA/Machining Programmer
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Industrial Engineers, Industrial Safety
- Project Engineer, Mechanical Engineer
- Application Engineer and Interns, Global Sourcing Specialist, IT Interns, Manufacturing Engineer and Interns, Project Engineer, Sales Engineer – Pacific Northwest, Sales Engineer – Northeast Ohio Based, Strategic Buyer
- Mobile Diagnostic Technician, Field Service Technician, Lab Technician, Web Developer, Digital Communications Advisor, Director of Digital Sales, Salesforce Administrator
- Software Developer: Publishing, Applications, Sr. II & III Levels, Internships & Co-ops
80 companies at this job fair, 17 were manufacturers; almost 60 manufacturing jobs posted- only one Engineering position specified degree required.
We talk a lot about machinist jobs and jobs in precision machining and advanced manufacturing. We hope that this glimpse at the listings at just one local job fair helps you understand that there are in fact an abundance of rewarding jobs and employers seeking you that do not require years of debt and a college degree.